Baby Paulownia Trees Shantong 15 cms - pack of 100
Shantong Paulownia Tree Babies
Baby Paulownia trees 15 cm high in a biodegradable bag ready to plant. Pack of 100 saplings.
Shantong paulownia is the newest and improved version of paulownia bred in China, which has the following advantages over other types of paulownia: fast growth, strong resistance to disease and insect pests, higher resistance to drought and cold, production of a large volume of wood, good quality, saving of the occupied land area due to a narrow crown, exceptional adaptability, and so on.
They are trees that reach 20 m in height with a wide, umbelliform crown. The bark is brownish-gray in color. The twigs have yellow-reddish lenticels and are glandular-slimy when young. The leaves have a cordiform blade with an acute apex, up to 40 cm, with the underside densely hairy or not. The flowers are pyramidal or narrowly conical and measure about 50 cm.
Kiri or Paulownia properties:
• It consumes more CO2 and produces more O2, than the rest of the tree species due to its large leaves and metabolic characteristics. A Paulownia tree captures an average 21.7 kg of CO2 and returns 5.9 kg of O2 per day, a figure that is up to almost ten times higher than any other known tree.
• It is the fastest growing tree of all the known species, reaching a growth of up to 2 cm / day, reaching a height of 6 m in a time between ten months and a year and a half, observing a very accelerated initial stage and surprising. In just a month or more, under favorable conditions, it can reach the height of the average person, and its total height, just under 30 m, will reach it in a period of between six and seven years.
• It is a remarkably resistant species to pests and diseases. This is due to its low content of oils and resins.
• The Paulownia tree has deep roots, perfect for stability, making it strong and reliable, and perfect for growing in areas with steep slopes where trees normally don't grow. Due to the deep roots of Paulownia, it also has a higher tolerance for wind, therefore allowing it to grow and flourish in areas where forests may have already failed.
• It adapts to poor soils, impoverished by overcultivation, contaminated with synthetic substances or hydrocarbons, and recovers its properties by supplying nitrogen and oxygenating them, due to the expansive action of its roots of vertical and deep development. It attracts a large number of microorganisms and edaphic fauna to a greater degree than other species, which contributes to reestablishing the substrate ecosystem.
• It tolerates droughts and fire very well, having fully survived temperatures of 425 ° C. In fact, the Kiri tree is a very good insulator, it has a high resistance to temperature and its combustion temperature is almost double that of many conventional hard and soft woods.
• It favors the permeability and water retention of the soil, like most trees but in greater quantities.
• Its wood has excellent properties for all kinds of industrial uses.
• Its tone is light, it has few knots, it is light and high performance. Being knot-free, it greatly reduces waste and makes it a good choice for many buyers. Paulownia trees are resistant to disease and have high resistance to temperature, making Paulownia wood almost bulletproof to the elements.
We are at your service to answer any questions.