Paulownia Shantong Tree (kiri) 2 mts tall - 10-piece package
PAULOWNIA SHENTONG Tree (KIRI)Pack of 10 Paulownia Shentong trees (Paulowniaceae)
IMPORTANTE: For shipping reasons and to avoid stress in the plant, only the trunk with root is sent; should be planted upon receipt and estre will begin to shed new leaves for 8 to 12 days.
Shantong paulownia is the newest and most improved version of paulownia bred in China, which has the following advantages over other types of paulownia: rapid growth, strong resistance to diseases and insect pests, increased resistance to drought and cold, production of a large volume of wood, good quality, saving of the occupied land area due to a narrow crown , exceptional adaptability, etc.
They are trees that reach 20 m in height with wide and umbeliform cup. The bark is brown-grey. The twigs have yellow-red lenticelas and are glandulo-viscous when young. The leaves have a cordiform limbo of acute apex, up to 40 cm, with densely hairy undersides or not. The flowers are pyramidal or closely conical and measure about 50 cm.
Properties in Kiri or Paulownia:
• Consumes more CO2 and produces more O2, than other tree species due to their large leaves and metabolic characteristics. A Paulownia tree captures an average of 21.7 kg of CO2 and returns 5.9 kg of O2 per day, a figure higher than any other known tree by up to almost ten times.
• It is the fastest growing tree of all known species, reaching a growth of up to 2 cm/day, achieving a height of 6 m in a time of between ten months and a year and a half, observing a very accelerated and surprising initial stage. In just one month or something else, under favorable conditions, it can reach the height of an average person, and its total height, just under 30 m, will reach it in a period of between six and seven years.
• It is a species remarkably resistant to pests and diseases. This is due to its low oil and resin content.
• The Paulownia tree has deep roots, perfect for stability, making it strong and reliable, and perfect for growing in areas with steep slopes where trees normally do not grow. Due to paulownia's deep roots, it also has a higher wind tolerance, thus allowing it to grow and flourish in areas where forests may already have failed.
• Adapts to poor soils, impoverished by overcultive, contaminated with synthetic substances or hydrocarbons, and recovers its properties providing nitrogen and oxygenating them, by the expansive action of its roots of vertical and deep development. It attracts a lot of microorganisms and soil fauna to a greater degree than other species, which contributes to subtractionthe ecosystem of the substrate.
• It tolerates droughts and fire very well, having survived in full at temperatures of 425oC. In fact, the Kiri tree is a very good insulator, has a high resistance to temperature and its combustion temperature is almost twice that of many conventional hardwoods and softwoods.
•Promotes soil permeability and water retention, like most trees but in greater numbers.
• Its wood has excellent properties for all kinds of industrial uses.
• Its tone is clear, has few knots, is light and high performance. With no knots, it greatly reduces waste and makes it a good choice for many buyers. Paulownia's trees are disease resistant and have high temperature resistance, which makes Paulownia wood almost bulletproof for the elements.
We are at your service to answer any questions.